Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Best For Last...



It is bittersweet as I write about the last field trip of the program. You spend so much time on the go, always constantly moving that you sometimes forget to appreciate what is around you. Over the past week it has really hit me that in a few short days I have to leave this beautiful country that I have come to call my home. This past weekend we traveled to the beautiful peninsula of Dingle. It was absolutely gorgeous; more than words can say. We saved the best for last.

Dingle is a beautiful little town of only a couple thousand people located a couple of hours from Galway. It was not the tourist attractions or the great food that made Dingle so special in mind; it was the breath taking views that surrounded you. Everywhere you looked you were stunned into silence. The mountains on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other. I truly wish the pictures I have could do the town justice, “The camera cannot capture what the mind can see”. Dingle is one of those towns that does not show up on all the tourist attractions throughout Ireland, but once you get there you realize the amazing gem it is.
Cliffs of Mohr
 Dingle will always hold a special place in my heart because of its beauty and the people who got to experience it with me. This is where we all realized we only had a week left together. We talked, we cried, but most of all we made it more than just a memory. We celebrated the time we got to spend together and the family we became. As I look back on all the adventures I have had in Ireland, I am glad this got to be one of my last, with my friends at my side.






No comments:

Post a Comment