Thursday, February 4, 2016

My Crazy New Life



                I’m standing in the immigration line at the airport in Shannon, Ireland and I am terrified. After seventeen hours of flying, layovers, and waiting I have arrived. It finally hits me that I am really in another country four-thousand miles away from my family and friends. With fear I also start to feel joy, excitement, and curiosity. Curious about what I am going to experience in my three months in Europe. Excited about all the trips I am going to take and joyful about all the memories I am going to make. With all these mixed feelings I gather my luggage and head out of the airport into my crazy new life.
                Fast forward a couple hours and some extreme jet lag later I find myself staring at the ocean for the first time. I am walking into Spiddal, a town 2 miles from my little cottage. I look around me and all I see on one side is a big blue ocean and the other side I see miles of green. I have no idea where I am or where I am going, but I do know I cannot wait to get there. 
 

1 comment:

  1. I know that you are going to have a great adventure!!! Keep sending the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete